17 November 2011

A-picture-a-day (ish)

It's not often that I'm inspired by a programme on Channel 5. To be honest it's bloody rare for me to actually watch Channel 5 as I have never been particularly impressed with its mixture of low-quality, lifestyle magazine programming and old films that I carefully avoided when they were in the cinema.

Still, a programme on how to take better photographs (I think they may have had loftier aspirations for it) caught my eye so I gave it a go. It didn't greatly change my opinion of Channel 5 but something that the presenter said has stuck in my mind.

He was making the point that we all have cameras with us, pretty much all the time, in our phones. In addition the fact that it is "only a camera phone" a) isn't true because it's probably at least half-way decent and b) shouldn't be an excuse for not thinking about composition, lighting, etc. As a serial chopper-off of heads and as someone who's subjects are often a dot in the distance this rang a bell.

So I'm going to have a go at a bit of a photo diary. I can't guarantee that every shot will be inspirational (or even interesting to anyone other than me) but I will attempt to capture things that seemed important or amusing at the time. Target will be more than one per month but less than one per day.

Let's see how it goes.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: